Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Health: Yoga Photos

Jamie Reed Yoga Instructor at Prana English
Photo by Rob.

Yoga
Jamie and I (Rob) just finished a photo shoot for a yoga manual we are making. The manual will demonstrate yoga poses and the text will be in Japanese and English. It is my hope that we can use it to teach English and yoga together, as we do every Monday morning in Asakadai. If you want to take a class with us, please contact Prana-English!


Phrases
OK, I know what you are thinking! This is an English blog, not an ad for my school's yoga class! So here are some phrases for you off the top of my head.


Exercise
I do not exercise regularly.
I need more exercise. (generally)
I don't get enough exercise. (generally)
I am unfit. ('unfit' = not fit)
Not fit = I get tired easily if I exercise
I am not fit, I need more exercise.
There is not enough time in the day for exercise.
I need to make more time for exercise.


Tight muscles
My muscles are stiff.
I am not flexible. = I cannot stretch very well.
Are you flexible?
No, not anymore, but used to be!
Stretching makes me feel great!
I wish I could do yoga everyday.
I would like to increase my flexibility.
I want to be more flexible.
Jamie is very flexible now, but 5 years ago she was not flexible.
Jamie was stiff 5 years ago, she could not touch her toes.


And finally, here is one more of my photos of Jamie...just to get you in the mood for yoga!
Jamie Reed Yoga Instructor at Prana English
Photo by Rob.

No comments:

Post a Comment