Friday, October 22, 2010

Word Watch: Multi...

Multi = Multiple / Many


Gotta love the old multi-tool!
Gotta love... = I really like...
'The old' is an expression we use to mean 'my familiar object'

Multi-cultural = Many cultures together
Australia is a multi-cultural country.
Is being multi-cultural the way of the future?

Multi-purpose = Many purposes
My multi-tool is a multi-purpose tool!

Multi-task = To do many tasks at one time
Multi-tasking is dangerous!
People who can multi-task are useful.
Multi-tasking is the reason people do bad work!
People should not multi-task, they should focus on one thing at a time.

My friend is multi-lingual, he can speak English, Japanese, French and Chinese!

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting and informative blog! Beautiful photos, and nice topics.
    I was net-surfing and found your school & blog.
    I wish your school was little closer to where I live, I would have definitely applied for the job you have posted.
    Tomoko, English instructor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment Tomoko!

    Getting comments makes me want to keep doing this blog, especially such positive ones! Please keep checking my blog for updates, and please tell your friends about my blog! Let's make this the most useful and popular English study blog in Japan!

    Rob.

    ReplyDelete